Holly Scherer looks to extend recent hot streak in Mt. Pleasant
Oct. 23, 2013
Missouri State Bears (3-11, 0-3 MAC) at Central Michigan Chippewas (5-9, 2-1 MAC)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013
Start Time: 12 p.m.
Location: Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
Site: CMU Field Hockey Complex (1,000)
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter
• The Bears are 11-27-1 all-time versus Central Michigan, and look to snap a five-game losing streak against the Chippewas. Missouri State last defeated CMU on Oct. 17, 2010 by a 1-0 score in Springfield.
• Missouri State will face a stout defense from Central Michigan, which is tied with Miami (Ohio) for the best team goals-against average (1.94) in the Mid-American Conference. On offense, the Chippewas are led by Mary Alice Moore and Kaysie Gregory, who are tied for the team lead with 10 points apiece.
• The Bears’ 3-2 overtime win last week over Saint Louis was their second-straight overtime contest after losing to Ohio, 3-2, in extra time at home on Oct. 11. MSU last went to overtime in two-straight contests in 2010, and lost 3-2 to Miami (Ohio) and 2-1 to Ohio.
• October has been kind to Holly Scherer (So., Belmont, Ontario), who has racked up 10 points on four goals and two assists this month. The forward did most of her damage against in-state rival Saint Louis with 13 shots, eight shots on-goal, three goals and an assist in two MSU wins.
• Hillary Lawless (Sr., St. Louis, Mo.) is tied with Bears head coach Gabby Gomez Sosa for eighth place on the school’s career assist list (15). Two more assists will move Lawless into a tie for fifth place on the list. Earlier this season, Lawless became the fifth-best point scorer in Bears history.
• For the second-straight year, the Bears are pacing the Mid-American Conference in defensive saves (10). Sophomore defender Liz Young (San Diego, Calif.) leads Missouri State with four stops.