Missouri State will be hosting Bears Football Alumni Weekend on Friday, Oct. 1 and Saturday, Oct. 2. The weekend will feature several events, culminating in the the Bears' game against Youngstown State at 1 p.m. on Oct. 2.
Here is a brief outline of the events planned for the weekend:
Friday, October 1
- The weekend starts with a golf outing at Millwood Golf and Raquet Club in Springfield on Friday. The golf outing begins with a gathering starting at 11:30 a.m., followed by a 1 p.m. shotgun start. The cost for the golf event is $60 per person and includes range balls, 18 holes of golf, cart rental, and box lunch. This is an opportunity to gather with other former players, hit the links and have some fun at a great course.
- Friday night, all football alumni are invited to attend an a reception at the Meyer Alumni Center in downtown Springfield. The reception will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 2
- Tailgating in BearFest Village, just south of Plaster Field, will begin at 10 a.m. on the day of the game. Free parking, food and drinks will be provided for you and your guests.
- Tickets to the game will be provided free of charge to you and your guests.
- We will be recognizing all football alumni during halftime ceremonies. We will be making a special recognition of the 1966, 1989 and 1990 conference championship teams. The 1989 and 1990 playoff teams of coach Jesse Branch will be in the spotlight during the 20th anniversary season of Missouri State's most-recent NCAA team. Coach Branch will also be attending the events during the weekend.
- The Doubletree Hotel (2431 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, 65803) will serve as the headquarters for the weekend. When you call (417) 831-3131 to make reservations, tell them you are with the Missouri State Bears Football Alumni block, and you will receive the $84 rate. You can also contact one of the local hotels listed in our Missouri State Visitors Guide.
- Please complete the attached RSVP form as soon as possible and spread to word to former teammates about this outstanding event.
- If you should have any immediate questions, please call Padraic McMeel at The Bears Fund Office at (417) 836-4143.