"BearWear Fridays" begin at Missouri State University on August 28. This new, comprehensive, university-wide initiative will create a weekly opportunity for Missouri State faculty, staff, students, administrators, alumni, boosters, and supporting organizations to show their pride in the University.
BearWear Fridays will continue year-round, both on and off campus. The initiative will encourage members of the MSU family to wear their BearWear throughout the day, particularly on campus. The BearWear Fridays rollout will correspond with Legacy Day at the University, which also features special events, entertainment and additional announcements.
"Wearing BearWear is another way of showing school pride," said Dr. Earle Doman, Missouri State Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs. "I hope everyone finds maroon and white lint in their dryers."
BearWear Fridays will also provide Bears fans with special discounts on apparel, chances to win prizes, and several new spirit-related opportunities. Some of the correlating BearWear Fridays marketing initiatives are:
- Proclamation by Springfield Mayor Jim O'Neal declaring Fridays in the city as BearWear Fridays. The proclamation will be presented to the University on Legacy Day.
- 20 percent discount on all BearWear products and extended hours (until 7 p.m.) at the Missouri State Bookstore and JQH Arena Team Store on August 28.
- BearWear Friday promotions during athletics events, on University athletics and alumni publications, through media outlets, and on University Web sites.
- Campus Prize Patrol events on home football Fridays.
- Various initiatives by the Student Government Association, Maroon Madness, residence halls, dining halls, and other organizations.
- Launch of BearWear Fridays Web site to announce ongoing specials, discounts and programs www.missouristate.edu/bearwearfridays.
- Launch of Go Maroon mobile-friendly spirit Web site.
- Special BearWear Fridays signage and promotions by area stores and retailers.
- 25 percent discounts on all BearWear at Missouri State Bookstore and Team Store on Faculty, Staff and Student Appreciation Day (December 2-3) and Fan Appreciation Day (December 12).
- Select Maroon T-shirts for $6.99 on Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) National School Spirit Day (Sept. 4) at Missouri State Bookstore and Team Store.
- Discounts on specific items during home event weekends at the Missouri State Bookstore and JQH Arena Team Store as follows:
- Sept. 11-12 - Select maroon t-shirts $6.99- Sept. 18-19 - Select maroon sweatpants $11.99- Sept. 25-26 - 20 percent off "Mom and Dad" apparel- Oct. 9-10 - 20 percent discount for Missouri State Showcase participants- Oct. 30-31 - Select maroon crewnecks $11.99- Nov. 6-7 - Select maroon hoodies $15.99- Nov. 20 - Select maroon caps $8.99